Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Live In The Moment of NOW!

I sometimes wonder when life all comes together; when does one reach that ultimate level of joy and satisfaction, internal and external? I think of Carrie Bradshaw, Sarah Jessica Parker’s character from Sex and The City and her line in the first movie, “Your thirties are to learn the lessons (from your twenties) and the forties are to pay for the drinks!” The subtext of this line infers that your prime years come later in life. Many times I watch celebrity interviews and their response to the question about the big 50. More times than not people say and I quote “This is the best TIME of my life” in reference to aging. They possess joy and fulfillment in their life. I believe what people lack is identification in their early years not who they are. However I believe we can confuse identification. Identification refers to discovery or recognition.  I feel it is important to embrace joy and happiness during one’s years of discovery. Enjoy the process or finding yourself and be grateful for the opportunity that you are an individual! Regardless if you are 18 or 98 live in the moment of NOW!

1 comment:

  1. I love how you mention to live in the moment of now because people seem to be so distracted about the past or the future, but forget to live their life day by day. You also mention about identification. Some people tend to loose themselves as they grow older and experience new challenges, but forget why they are doing such challenges. People are living in this world to be given opportunities to live their life, yet people forget that. I think we should also blame the rise of technology. Technology keeps us distracted from going outside and seeing what the world has to offer. Everyday should be of a great day because we are blessed for being here.

    ReplyDelete